Online registration for standard one students for 2018 intake for schools in Selangor and Putrajaya

Published by SchoolAdvisor on Jul 03, 2017, 03:31 PM

The portal in which Selangor parents need use to register their kids online for Standard One is this link provided here: It is the new system from the MOE (Ministry of Education)/KPM (Kementerian Pendidikan Malaysia).

Let us walk you through step-by-step on how to register your child (if you haven't already done so).

Step one:


Step two:


After clicking "Daftar", a pop-up will appear to re-direct you to the main page.


Step three:

At the main page, register with your IC number and password and click "Dafter masuk".


Congratulations! You now have an account! Click on "eDaftar Tahun 1" to register your child


Frequently asked questions

Q: When can I register my child for standard one?A: Currently the time frame is as follows:Children born between 2/1/2010-1/1/2011 (For 2017 Intake)Children born between 2/1/2011-1/1/2012 (For 2018 Intake)


Q: Where is the link for online registration of schools in Selangor?

A:  In 2016, there is a new online portal for registration for primary schools in Selangor and Putrajaya. Here is the link

Q: What are the documents required for registration of primary school?

  1. Original Birth Certificate
  2. Copy of Birth Certificate
  3. Utility Bills (Electric/Telekom/Water/Quit Rent/Assessment Bills) under parents/guardian's name to verify residential address - Original and photocopy
  4. Photostated copy of parents/guardian's I/C
  5. Copy or siblings birth certificate (if studying at the same school)
  6. Self addressed envelope 4.5" x 9.5" White with RM0.80 stamp affixed. (amount of stamp required may be stated differently for different schools)

Notes: Quit Rent/Assessment Bills = Bil Cukai Tanah/Bil Cukai PintuSome schools may not state item 5 & 6 but it is always good to have them. The self addressed envelope is for the school to inform you of your registration status some time around August 2016 for 2017 intake or August 2017 for 2018 intake.


Q: For online registration of schools in Selangor, do I have to go to the school to submit my documents?

A: Yes, you have to do online registration FIRST for Selangor and Putrajaya, then print out your registration and bring along with required documents to the school of your choice for verification.

Q: Can I do online registration in Selangor AND walk-in registration for another school in KL?

A: No, you cannot. When you have completed your online registration in Selangor, you must go to the same school to verify your registration. You cannot register for another school in KL.

Q: How many school choices can we put in when registering?

A: In Selangor based on previous years online portal, only 1 choice. In Wilayah Persekutuan (WP) KL, 3 choices.


Q: Must I register at ALL the 3 schools I put as choices in WP KL?

No, only your first choice. When you register, the school will stamp behind your child's birth certificate. Be sure to bring the original along. This is one of the documents required during registration.

Q: What happens if I don't get the school of my choice?

A: You make an appeal. You need to go to the school allocated with your letter and birth certificate. Ask for the appeal form to fill and the school will submit on your behalf.

Q: What size envelope and how much stamp do I have to submit to the school?

A: During registration you may be required to submit a white envelope and stamps. Different schools have different requirements. Some require 70sen stamp. Some 80sen. Some require white envelopes of a certain size. Some require window envelopes. However, they all have the same objective. They are for the school to inform you on the results of your school application. So, you don't have to worry too much about getting the size just right. Just make sure you find out what is required from the school of your choice and make sure you have them ready so you can save on a trip.

Q: What if the utility bill is not in my name?

A: If for example, you are staying at  your parent's or in law's house, your I/C address must be the same as that shown on the utility bill as prove that you are staying at the same address. If you are renting, you need to show your rental agreement. If you are purchasing, you need to show your S&P agreement.

Q: If my niece or nephew is studying at the same school, is it easier to get in?

A: No, but it may be easier if you have an older child at the school in which case you need to show the older child or sibling's birth certificate during registration.

Q: I stay in Selangor, can I register for a school in KL or vice versa?

A: Depending on your location, you may be able to get in. However, preference will be given to those living within the state.

Q: Can I put KL as my first choice, Selangor as my second choice or vice versa?

A: No, your choices need to be in the same state, no cross states.

Q: My child's birth certificate is laminated. What do I do as I  understand the school will stamp behind the certificate.

A: The school will paste a white sticker over it and stamp on the sticker.

**Please note that this is not an official FAQ.


Good luck parents! We hope that you get the school of your choice!



Related articles you may be interested in

Leave a Comment

Most recent articles


Why Teach?