Star Education Fund Scholarship 2021 for SPM and STPM Leavers
Published by SchoolAdvisor on Apr 12, 2021, 12:37 PM
The Star Education Fund Scholarship 2021 is now open for applications to SPM and STPM leavers or equivalent.
This year, 227 scholarships worth RM14.3mil from 27 institutions are being offered.
“Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this is the first year applications will be done fully online,” said fund manager Susanna Kuan.
The Star Media Group collaborates with some of the best educational institutions in Malaysia for the Star Education Fund scholarship to provide higher education opportunities to deserving young Malaysians.
The scholarships only cover those institutions that are listed here:
- Brickfields Asia College
- HELP University
- Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
- IACT College
- Infrastructure University Kuala Lumpur
- Kolej Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman
- Malaysian Institute of Art
- Management & Science University
- Methodist College Kuala Lumpur
- Monash University Malaysia
- Multimedia University (MMU)
- QUEST International University Perak
- RCSI & UCD Malaysia Campus
- Saito University College
- SEGi University
- Sentral College Penang
- Sunway College
- Sunway College Ipoh
- Sunway College Johor Bahru
- Sunway University
- Taylor's University
- UCSI College
- UCSI University
- University of Nottingham Malaysia
- University Tunku Abdul Rahman
- UOW Malaysia KDU University College
- UOW Malaysia KDU Penang University College
You are eligible to apply for the scholarship if you are:
- Malaysian citizens not more than 25 years of age.
- Excel in extra-curricular activities or active in sports.
- Not bonded to or in receipt of any financial aid or awards from other educational institutions or organisations.
- Possess reasonably good result in SPM / UEC or equivalent (for Foundation / Diploma courses).
- Possess reasonably good results in STPM / UEC or equivalent (for Degree courses).
Before you start to fill in the e-applications form, make sure to prepare the following documents in softcopy (preferable in PDF format):
- Softcopy of MyKad (Front and Back on A4 size paper).
- Softcopy of Birth certificate.
- Softcopy of SPM/”O” level results.
- Softcopy of STPM/A level/UEC/ other Pre-U examination results.
- Softcopy of testimonials and best 6 extracurricular activities achievements / participation certificates.
- Softcopy of parents’/guardian’s proof of income such as latest 3 months Payslips/2020EA Form/2020 Income Tax Statement.
- Softcopy of latest household electricity bill and household water bill.
- Personal Statement (not exceeding 500 words) stating your reasons for applying the scholarship.
How to Apply:
Please read through THE GUIDE HERE before applying.
Click THIS FORM HERE to apply.
Complete the e-application within two (2) weeks after the release of SPM or STPM results. Late applications will not be considered.
For further enquiries, email [email protected] or call 03-7967 1388 ext. 1642 / 1643 or you can click here.